Before you join any company, there are certain requirements to become a professional driver. All the requirements to kickstart your career as a driver are mentioned in this article. Just go through and get the necessary things done.
There are many driver jobs vacancies available in India. But, the requirements for a professional driver changes from company to company. For example, if you want to work for companies like Uber, Ola or any other cab the requirements are different for each cab aggregator. Also, the requirements for a cab driver, truck driver and ambulance driver vary.
Requirements to Become a Professional Driver
- Professional Driving License: One requires a professional driving license to become a truck driver. You can get the official driving license from the Transport Authority of India. Based on the states, the application process and the tests conducted to get the driving license might vary.
- LMV License vs. HMV License: If you would like to become a cab driver, then Light Motor Vehicle driver license would be enough. But, if you would like to become a truck driver, then you need to apply for the Heavy Motor Vehicle License. There are many driver jobs vacancies for a truck driver.
- No Bad Records: To become a professional driver, you must not have any bad driving record. For example: failure to follow traffic rules in the past or any accident case.
- Minimum Age: To become a professional driver, one must attain a minimum age of 18 years. Below 18 years, one is not allowed to apply for the driving license due to various reasons such as lack of maturity at this age, tendency to make an accident etc. Sometimes, companies do not hire persons below the age of 25 years.
- Good Health Condition: Some companies also ensure that the driver being employed has a good eye sight and does not have any issue like Blood Pressure, diabetes etc.
- Minimum Education: Some companies ask for minimum education qualification like 10 or 10+2 so that the driver would be able to read and sign and also he would be able to communicate with the passengers.
- Indian Identity: One must carry proof of Identity like Pan Card, Aadhaar Card etc. to prove that he is a citizen of India. This is one of the basic requirements to apply for a driving license and also to become a professional driver in any organisation.
These are the basic requirements to apply for driver jobs vacancies and get hired as a professional driver.